The 147 West Market Street Building occupies a key position on the central downtown square in Warren, Ohio, almost directly across the square from the historic Trumbull County Courthouse. Constructed in 1884, the building was original comprised of three one-story storefronts which were eventually combined into a larger commercial building with two levels and a unified storefront. The building was purchased by the Chesler Group in the fall of 2010, and is being restored and renovated as the new home of the Wean Foundation of Warren.
Construction scope includes all new mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems, new accessible bathrooms, meeting and conference spaces, and restoration of existing historic storefront, masonry, arched windows, and rear alley façade. Renovations will be in accordance with the National Parks Service guidelines for restoration of historic properties, and the project has been pre-approved for historic tax credit funding for both the state and federal programs.