The original Lakewood-based Melt Bar and Grilled has enjoyed growing success and, inevitably, lengthy waiting lines since its inception in 2005. The first new Melt outpost, located at the corner of Cedar and South Taylor Roads in Cleveland Heights, provides Melt’s trademark melted-cheese comfort fare for Cleveland’s near-east suburbs.
The new restaurant space combines three formerly-vacant storefront shop spaces in a classic brick commercial building that was constructed in the early 1920’s. The original demising partitions were demolished, existing brick walls were retained and exposed, and a new central bar, metal tile ceilings, vintage lighting, and a large modern kitchen were added to provide over 4,500 square feet of new restaurant space. The building’s brick and stone exterior was cleaned and repaired, original glass transom areas were replaced, new awnings and lighting were installed, and a distinctive” toast and crossbones” entry sign was added at the prominent corner entry.
Photos: Christian Phillips Photography