The renovation of the historic Fairmont Creamery will provide 30 residential units, a community gym, office space and a café for Cleveland’s Tremont neighborhood. Originally constructed in 1930 for the Fairmont Creamery Company, this industrial building was awarded local historic landmark status and state historic tax credits in 2013. Exterior restoration will include the repair of the structural concrete, brick exterior walls, installation of windows, new finishes, and repairs to the east dock doors along West 17th Street. This project looks to bridge the Ohio City and Tremont neighborhoods with proposed bike paths and greenways.
The building sits along a steep slope, providing grade access at four of the building’s five levels. Parking is housed on the lower two levels. The third level comprises the community gym with views of Cleveland’s skyline to the north and west. Commercial office spaces and a café line the historic dock doors on the fourth floor’s east façade, with residential units tucked along the north and west to take advantage of the skyline view. Residential units make up the entire fifth floor with several units gaining penthouse access to an expansive roof deck. The building is designed to meet “Substantial Renovation” requirements for Enterprise Green Communities.