25 09, 2017

Wagner Awning Building

September 25th, 2017|Categories: Renovation|Tags: , , |

Dimit Architects designed the adaptive reuse of the Wagner Awning Building in Cleveland’s Tremont neighborhood, converting the historic factory into 59 apartments and basement office space. Originally built in 1895, the project received state and federal historic tax credits for the conversion. In 2017, the Wagner Awning Building won a State Historic Preservation Award from the Ohio [...]

28 07, 2017

Brownstones at Derbyshire

July 28th, 2017|Categories: Renovation|Tags: , , |

The Brownstones at Derbyshire townhouses were created by the conversion of an abandoned stone church into five vertical townhouses. A row of coach house garages provides parking for these five townhouses, and at the same time provides three new one-bedroom units above. Thirteen new townhouses flank the existing church conversion to complete the compound. The [...]

5 11, 2016

811 Prospect Avenue Cleveland, Ohio

November 5th, 2016|Categories: Hospitality/Entertainment, Projects, Renovation|Tags: , , |

811 Prospect Avenue was a long-vacant building in Downtown Cleveland. Built in the 1990’s as an entertainment venue, Dimit Architects was tasked with reinventing the building for new uses. Renovations to the building included expansive new windows and creation of an exterior balcony to entice tenants to the second floor office spaces. The ground floor [...]

25 09, 2015

Cleveland Arcade

September 25th, 2015|Categories: Projects, Renovation|Tags: , , |

Dimit Architects worked with Skyline International Development to create a plan to improve the vitality, look and feel of the exterior and atrium level of the historic Cleveland Arcade. The Cleveland Arcade opened in May of 1890 as one of the first indoor shopping centers in America. Inspired by European structures such as Galleria Vittorio [...]

25 06, 2014

Burlington Apartments

June 25th, 2014|Categories: Projects, Renovation|Tags: |

25 09, 2013

5th Street Arcades

September 25th, 2013|Categories: Projects, Renovation|Tags: , , , |

Dimit Architects worked with Cumberland Development to rebrand and redevelop the 5th Street Arcades. The 5th Street Arcades is comprised of two unique architectural landmarks, the Colonial Arcade which was built in 1898 and the Euclid Arcade, constructed in 1911. In 2000, the two arcades were linked when a historic hotel atop the Colonial Arcade [...]

25 09, 2012

Fairmont Creamery

September 25th, 2012|Categories: Multi Family, Projects, Renovation|Tags: , , , |

The renovation of the historic Fairmont Creamery created 30 residential units, a commercial gym, office space and a café for Cleveland’s Tremont neighborhood. Originally constructed in 1930 for the Fairmont Creamery Company, this industrial building was awarded local historic landmark status and state historic tax credits in 2013. Exterior restoration included the repair of the [...]

25 06, 2012

The 147 West Market Street Building

June 25th, 2012|Categories: Projects, Renovation|Tags: |

The 147 West Market Street Building occupies a key position on the central downtown square in Warren, Ohio, almost directly across the square from the historic Trumbull County Courthouse. Constructed in 1884, the building was original comprised of three one-story storefronts which were eventually combined into a larger commercial building with two levels and a [...]

25 06, 2011

ASM International Headquarters

June 25th, 2011|Categories: Interiors, Projects, Renovation|Tags: , , , , |

Originally built in 1959, the ASM International Headquarters building in Novelty, Ohio is a masterwork of collaboration between noted designer and inventor R. Buckminster Fuller and local Cleveland modernist architect John Terence Kelly. The three-story 50,000 S.F. office and laboratory facility wraps around the circular base of Fuller’s open aluminum geodesic dome in a series [...]

25 06, 2011

Uptown Triangle Tower 1 & 2

June 25th, 2011|Categories: Projects, Renovation|Tags: , , |

The retail spaces of the Triangle Towers 1 & 2, owned by Case Western Reserve University, were renovated for updated uses as part of University Circle Inc.’s transformative Uptown District Development. Constructed during the 1980’s, the ground floor retail spaces of Triangle Tower 2 needed updates to front the new pedestrian “alley” that serves as [...]